Thursday, March 29, 2012

A book about moving to France

I know I said I wouldn't blog every day but here's a little bonus as I'm just off for a long weekend.

When I started this book blog, I was thinking of people who have already ready Sell the Pig, so they could leave their feedback and suggestions for a sequel. Then I realised that wasn't very fair on those who haven't read it. So I'll include a few excerpts on here to explain what the photos I post are all about.

Again, as Mother is so central to the book and is the reason behind its title, I thought you'd like to see some more photos of her.


"Then there's mother, now aged 89 and going through some glorious second childhood where she likes to say 'bum' and 'bugger' as often as possible." ......

'The fixation with bums is harder to explain. The other day when I visited the nursing home who are, allegedly, looking after her, I was most surprised to find her apparently absorbed in a rugby match on television, as she has never shown any interest at all in sports, particularly neither team games nor contact sports.

Rugby, mother? You?” I asked.

Yes,” she replied, without peeling her gaze away from the heaving flesh of the Australian pack as they went into a scrum. “Look at all those big fat bums".'

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you and Maman have a very naughty joke hanging between you ;) Perhaps you're both watching the rugger buggers :)

    ReplyDelete